Two females entered into a business and stole a pair of shoes at about 3:10 p.m. Thursday at Rack Room Shoes at 1800 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The Life Stride shoes were valued at $49, according to police reports.

Chapel Hill police responded to a complaint about vicious animals at 110 Farrington Drive at about 7:58 p.m. Friday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. A dog was off of its leash and unsecured, reports state.

Chapel Hill police conducted a death investigation on Colony Woods Drive at 12:28 p.m. Friday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
A man was found dead in his house, reports state. According to reports, the man — whose name is restricted — was last known secure at 8 a.m. Friday, and was found at around 12:25 p.m.

Someone was drunk and disruptive and reported for simple assault at the Marriott Hotel at 100 Marriott Way at about 2:15 a.m. Friday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person was drunk and shoved another person, reports state.

Someone broke and entered into a residence and communicated threats between 1:45 and 3:03 p.m. Friday at 113 Taylor St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person kicked in the door to a single-family residence, reports state.

Someone broke into a residence and stole jewelry between 6 p.m. Thursday and 6 a.m. Friday at a 602 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. apartment, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The stolen items included a $6,000 engagement ring, and in total the stolen jewelry was valued at $11,345, reports state.