Police log for January 31, 2012

Someone was assaulted at 114 Henderson St. at 12:58 a.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person’s eye was gouged, police reports state.

Someone shoplifted from a supermarket at 1129 Weaver Dairy Road at about 8:25 p.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person concealed merchandise at Food Lion, reports state. The alcoholic beverage was valued at $15 and was recovered, according to police reports.

Someone vandalized property at 1010 U.S. Highway 15-501 S-C between 5 p.m. Friday and 6 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Spray-painted items include the hood, bumper and headlight of a 2000 red Pontiac, a lawn chair, hammock and frame, a house window and cement barrier, police reports state. Damage to the items was valued at $435, according to police reports.

Someone broke and entered a residence at 102 E. Longview St. at about 4:41 p.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person entered an unlocked window and stole property, police reports state. Stolen items were valued at $550 and included clothing, three watches, shoes and a sports bag, police reports state.

Someone stole license plates from vehicles at 509 Craig St. between 11 p.m. Saturday and 10:35 a.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The license plates were valued at $60, reports state.

Someone found a trunk in the road at 306 Lindsay St. at 6:16 p.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The trunk, paint sprayer, personal papers and nuts and bolts were valued at $41, reports state.