Police log for February 2, 2012

Someone willfully vandalized property at 179 E. Franklin St. at 10:50 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. People were attaching protest posters to mailboxes outside of the U.S. Post Office, reports state.

Someone broke into and entered a residence at 806 Old Mill Road between 9 p.m. Tuesday and 3:02 a.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person forced the front door open and then stole an Xbox and seven games, according to police reports. The stolen Xbox 360 was valued at $200, and the seven stolen Xbox games were valued at $80. Chapel Hill police responded to reports of a suspicious person at 224 Vance St. at 4:53 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person approached a boy in his yard and asked to play, reports state.

Chapel Hill police responded to reports of a domestic disturbance at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday at 113 Taylor St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. People were arguing about vehicle ownership, reports state.

Someone tried to pry open a window with a screwdriver at 233 Kirkwood Drive between 9 a.m. Sunday and 12:50 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.