Kendall Marshall out against Ohio

North Carolina starting point guard Kendall Marshall will not play in UNC’s Sweet 16 game against Ohio, team sources confirmed Friday afternoon.

Freshman point guard Stilman White will make his first career start.

Marshall fractured his right wrist against Creighton when the point guard fell hard on a drive to the basket on Sunday.

The point guard had surgery to place a screw in his wrist to stabilize the fracture but had not practiced with it since. He was highly doubtful prior to the official news that he would not play.

White has nineteen assists in 136 minutes this season.

“Stilman is so wacko, I don’t know what the crap to think when I watch him,” Williams said. “Kendall thinks three plays ahead.
“Stilman’s still trying to think he’s got both shoes tied. It’s the kind of thing that there’s such a contrast. But Stilman’s got a little toughness to him.”

White expects to be a target for Ohio’s guards and thinks he will see more pressure and double-teams from the Bobcats.

“I think I’m definitely ready for it,” White said. “I welcome pressure. As a point guard that’s something you have to look forward to, because if they pressure you, you think you can go by it really quick and by then you have numbers and can make something happen with it.”