Friday December 9th

Quickhits for April 19, 2012

Hater-hating memes

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

There was an upshot to Wednesday’s ill-fated attempt at cyberbullying (see thumbs-down to the left): the hilarity that unfolded on the Internet after a screenshot of the message went UNC-viral. At last count, the photo had 238 likes and several dozen shares. And the incident elicited some hilarious entries on the UNC Memes Facebook page, too.

Early Voting

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

Not to beat a dead horse, but if you care about Amendment One (or just want to stop hearing about it) then go vote against it — early! — which you can do in Rams Head on weekdays and Saturdays.

Bring it, Mr. Bigot

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

Wednesday, a reader wrote a thoughtful letter to the editor about Amendment One and some kid sent him an obscene Facebook message accusing him, of all things, of being incapable of reasoned discourse. If he meant what he wrote, we challenge him to write a letter to the editor — a well reasoned one, mind you. We do edit for vulgarity here at The Daily Tar Heel.

“Conservatives”

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

Let’s be clear: there is nothing conservative about Amendment One. If you don’t want the government involved in you life, then you shouldn’t vote for an amendment that would infringe on citizens’ liberty. If you call yourself conservative and support Amendment One, you’re either intellectually deficient or just plain dishonest. Come on, y’all.

RIP Dick Clark

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

In non-political but sad news, the passing of Dick Clark means the end of an era for millions of Americans. In sadder news, it also means that we’re stuck with Ryan Seacrest for New Year’s Eve.

Carolina Review

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

Hey guys, we’re all about some friendly journalistic competition, but next time you want to devote an entire issue to bashing a fellow publication, maybe try to remember that no one knows you exist.

The Daily Tar Heel's 2022 Year in Review