With his Carolina blue kicks, rapper J. Cole will be fresh on the UNC scene Sunday night.
But the 2012 Homecoming Concert headliner comes at a steep price for the University — in terms of money and accoutrements.
According to Cole’s official contract, released Thursday to The Daily Tar Heel, the University has paid Cole $105,000 plus hotel and local transportation expenditures.
J. COLE CONTRACT REQUESTS
Cole’s legal contract with UNC includes the following requests:
- Two seven-passenger SUVs (no more than two years old)
- One three-pack of black Polo Ralph Lauren crew neck T-shirts
- 100 mild or lemon pepper wings
- Two half gallons of Simply Lemonade Raspberry — “a must pleas”
- Six cans of Red Bull Energy Drinks
- Five pounds of seasoned turkey meat with a cheese, lettuce and tomato platter — “Grey popoun (sic) mustard and real mayonnaise is a must”
The Carolina Union Activities Board and the Carolina Athletic Association announced in August that they would bring Cole, a native of Fayetteville, to UNC.
Tickets for the show sold out Wednesday, said Kimberly Summers, chairwoman for CUAB’s major events committee.