Maui Invitational

What a tough life. James Michael, Dex, Leslie and the gang had to beg their professors to let them miss classes for a slog out to some isolated rock for the glamour-free tournament. As if that weren’t enough, they’ve gotta watch Roy roam around in a Speedo and brag about his figure.

N.C. State #losing

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

When they lost to us in football, N.C. State fans told us, just wait until basketball season. Not that anyone in their right mind was that worried, but N.C. State’s then #6 ranked team has already gotten blown out by the unranked Oklahoma State squad. Happy holidays, Wolfpack!

Locked and loaded

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

Police arrested a UNC IT manager earlier this month for possession of a gun on school grounds. Police seized 21 rounds of ammunition, four computers, a knife and an “unknown fighting device.” You know you’re in too deep when the police can’t identify what you’re packing.

Santa, baby

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

On Friday, it will officially be Christmas season. Not that the retail stores have let that stop them from decorating like crazy. Now at least all of the many eager beaver Christmas music enthusists who have been listening to Christmas music for the past month can now do it publicly without shame.

New Rhodes Scholar

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

UNC senior and Student Body Vice President Rachel Myrick was named a Rhodes Scholar on Saturday. After drafting a resolution to congratulate her, Student Congress will probably try to cut her Rhodes stipend to try to give others a shot at two years at Oxford. You know, to level the playing field.

Maryland to Big Ten

The Atlantic Coast Conference got $50 million richer yesterday as they said goodbye to long time member, Maryland. We guess the Terps got tired of facing top notch competition year after year. They will be missed for their amusing basketball signs and the even more amusing belief that they were Duke’s true rival.