Kvetching Board for August 30, 2013

kvetch:
v.1 (Yiddish) to complain

I guess attention-hungry people do one of two things: preach in the Pit or twerk.

Arguing with State fans that this is our state and asserting over South Carolina fans that we are the true Carolina is more important than my bio homework.

Dear women of UNC, maybe I missed the memo, but when did it become socially acceptable to hold a phone conversation while on the toilet?

To all of you questioning my 90-degree clothing decisions, stop. I’m in chem lab handling dangerous chemicals, like ink.

Is it “No Booze, No Boys” already, or are my pickup lines really that ineffective?

UNC football: Getting state trooper escorts for your buses really doesn’t help with the idea that you think you’re above the law.

UNC Quidditch: The only club on campus on the politically correct side of the “first-year” vs. “freshman” debate

To the fraternity brothers complaining about the University riding them to get their GPAs up: better to get in trouble for 3.1 GPAs than drug-facilitated rape and giving alcohol to minors. Pick your battles.

The Union meditation room: Providing judgment-free nap time since 2012.

Just because you forgot to bring your computer to class doesn’t mean you can stare at mine.

No UNC, I do not want to participate in your “anal pain study.”

UNC: where they cut down trees and fill the space with horse shit. Literally.

To my beautiful roommate who was tragically hit by the Tar Heel Takeout car, I’m sorry you were Tar Heel Taken Out.

To the kid ranting about how UNC is communist and socialist because the bus is one minute late, do you even go here?

To the dude casually smoking a bowl outside Hamilton at 3 p.m. on a Tuesday: summer’s not over for you, is it?

To the Granville freshman who is still wearing the Hawaiian-themed L.L. Bean backpack: Do. Better.

A simple kvetch cannot convey my disappointment at getting the only stationary bike at the gym without a view of the men’s rowing team practicing shirtless outside

Just because you have a class in Phillips Hall doesn’t entitle you to dress like Sheldon Cooper. BAZINGA!

To the guy listening to Destiny’s Child on the toilet, did it say your name?

Send your one-to-two ?sentence entries to ?opinion@dailytarheel.com, subject line ‘kvetch.’