An East Carolina University favorite, Sup Dogs, plans to share its secret sauce and hot dogs with Franklin Street next year.

In early 2014, the Greenville-based business plans to open a Chapel Hill location — the restaurant will take the space formerly occupied by Pepper’s Pizza. It offers a menu of 23 exotic Sup Dogs, 15 specialty Sup Burgers and a full bar stocked with draft and bottled beer, liquor and Sup Dogs’ signature drinks.

“I think we have a formula for success, and we are hoping to bring some of that magic to UNC,” owner Bret Oliverio said. “I think we offer a high-energy dining experience that is unlike any other in Chapel Hill.”

Sup Dogs is currently only located on ECU’s campus, and it is popular with the Pirates, Oliverio said.

The restaurant’s leaders are looking forward to sharing its popularity with Chapel Hill.

“We have always been a hit with the college students, but we take pride in serving innovative food and drinks to families and young professionals,” Oliverio said. “We are a full-service restaurant and bar open for lunch, dinner and late night.”

By opening a Franklin Street location, Bret Oliverio said he and his family are trying to honor his brother, Derek Oliverio, who started Sup Dogs in 2008. After Derek Oliverio’s death in a house fire two years ago, Bret Oliverio said he and his family are dedicated to making his brother’s dream of growing the Sup Dogs business come true.

ECU sophomore Haleigh Aguilar said she advises UNC students to try the Sup Dog sauce — a secret recipe that is a great accent on all of the restaurant’s entrees. She said Sup Dog sauce is the most exciting thing from the restaurant.

“It’s a mystery of what’s in it — but we just dip our fries in it and put it on the hot dog, and it’s amazing,” she said.

And UNC students are willing to try the new restaurant — even as a replacement of their beloved Hot Dogs & Brew, which closed its doors in July.

“I feel like it doesn’t hurt to have another food place on campus. Hot Dogs & Brew brought a lot more variety to Franklin, instead of just going to BSki’s or (Artisan) Pizza — it’s another spot for good food,” said UNC senior Manny Amaya. “Now that I’ve heard it’s a late-night spot and they offer a variety of options, I do plan on going to eat there.”

Pirates are convinced UNC students will fall in love with the dogs and burgers at Sup Dogs.

“It is always packed,” Aguilar said. “On Mondays they have mug night — you bring your own cup and pay a dollar to fill it up with beer.”

Jordan Bynum, an ECU sophomore, said she has a few tips for ordering at Sup Dogs.

“The best thing to order is just a regular hot dog with Sup Dog sauce,” she said. “Always double the dog — that means you get two hot dogs.”

Bynum said though Sup Dogs is more of an ECU exclusive, it’s nice for UNC students to get a taste too.