Shooting update: Police have obtained warrants in connection with the case

Police have obtained warrants for attempted first degree murder for Dennis Junious Clark. He weighs about 150 pounds and is 5 foot, 7 inches tall.

Someone was shot in the 300 block of West Rosemary Street around 6:30 p.m. Friday, according to Chapel Hill Police Department spokesman Kevin Gunter.

The victim was shot multiple times and was transported to UNC Hospitals, Gunter said in a press release sent Friday evening. Police did not know the victim’s condition at the time the press release was sent. The victim was not a student, the release states. A suspect fled in a white sedan.

Police have obtained warrants for attempted first degree murder for Dennis Junious Clark in connection with the case, according to a press release sent Saturday morning. Clark, 23, is a light skinned black male, a press release from the department states. Clark weighs about 150 pounds and is 5 foot, 7 inches tall, according to the press release.

The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about the case or Clark is asked to call 911 or call Crimestoppers at 919-942-7515.

A $2,000 reward is available for anyone with information leading to Clark’s arrest.