North Carolina women’s basketball coach Sylvia Hatchell is in remission after announcing her leukemia diagnosis Oct. 14, a team spokesman said Wednesday.

Her return to the basketball court is still unknown, as she still has treatment cycles to go through.

Hatchell turned her duties over to associate head coach Andrew Calder after the diagnosis, and she saw her team play in person for the first time against High Point Dec. 21 when the Tar Heels took home a 103-71 victory.

She arrived at UNC in 1986 and holds a 908-321 record. She is one of three women’s basketball coaches in the ACC to reach 600 wins. On Feb. 7, she became the third women’s basketball head coach to reach 900 wins when her squad defeated Boston College 80-52 in Chestnut Hill, Mass.

Since the diagnosis, her team has stood by its legendary head coach, playing with her in mind throughout each competition. The athletes wear orange ribbons on their jerseys each game in support of Hatchell and leukemia awareness. The Tar Heels are 14-3, 2-1 ACC and will take on Clemson Thursday night.

“Right now she is definitely the motivation behind every single one of the players and coaches in our program,” said redshirt sophomore guard Megan Buckland at ACC women’s basketball media day in October.

“She is a fighter and is going to do whatever it takes to get back to be with us. She’s definitely still our leader.”

Wednesday morning, freshman guard Jessica Washington, posted a screenshot of a report announcing Hatchell’s update on her Instagram account.

“GOD IS SO GOOD!,” she wrote.

“So excited to get coach back.”