“Veronica Mars” is a satisfying and nostalgic revival of the edgy teen drama noir that was prematurely canceled in 2007.

In the film, Veronica Mars, played by Kristen Bell, has left her old life behind to make it as a lawyer in New York City. The wisecracking former teen is now a mature adult, with a safe boyfriend, considerable job prospects and not a drop of her past clinging on to her. 

But when her former flame Logan Echolls is accused of murder, Mars rushes back to Neptune to save the man she’s always defended and loved.

Bell effortlessly steps back into her iconic role. Her snarky spunk has only gotten better with age. It’s nice to see such a strong female heroine be so confident in her identity. Mars is still as resourceful, loyal and smart as she was in the series.

Echolls, played by Jason Dohring, has matured as a result from all the tragedy and heartbreak in his life, but bad luck seems follows him everywhere. It’s hard to believe the chemistry between Bell and Dohring is still as intense as it was eight years ago. Despite her initial loyalty to Piz (Chris Lowell), her powerful connection to Logan is undeniable.

The cast is downright excellent with all the major players stepping back into their former roles with incredible familiarity. 

While this reunion movie could have been an hour and a half of strategically-placed popular cast members and famous cameos, “Veronica Mars” never seems forced. The plot is engaging and the film nails the big twist that could have fallen flat.

“Veronica Mars” is everything diehard fans could have ever hoped for, regardless of the endless debate over Veronica’s love life. The film is a suspenseful and unpredictable thrill ride back to planet “Mars” and one that won’t soon be forgotten.