Column: Don’t forget the important stuff

Zach Gaver is a senior English and economics major from Virginia Beach, Va. He is serving his third semester on the editorial board and the DTH.

I ’m not sure how much we’ll all have to remember from class. If you’re pre-med, definitely remember everything. You might be elbow deep in me at some point and that’s no time to forget anatomy class.

I’ve had one job so far as a lifeguard . At no point in my exciting career of scrubbing tiles did I have to save anyone. So I’m no expert on applied education.

But here, from my own personal experience, are a few things everyone should take away from the last four years:

Never pay too much for a burrito. They all taste the same. You can get one and a quesadilla for $5 at Cosmic Cantina. So no matter how organic the meat, a $10 burrito is not worth it.

As romantic as it seems, confessing your love to someone through text after six LITs is not a good idea. Stick to Tinder, and use the skills you learned from eye banging in the Davis stacks.

Pick up the phone and call your friends. I already don’t talk to half of my friends from freshman year, and they live one street over. So I’m going to assume that when we’re all living hundreds of miles away from each other, the usual Snapchat of an impressive bowel movement is not going to be enough to keep the friendships alive.

Finally, appreciate everyone in our class. Some of these people will run the world in a few years. I’m saying this because I truly believe in all of you. I’ve seen creativity, drive and intelligence from all of you that I never would have imagined my freshman year.

I’m also saying this because I’ve seen most of you puking off of TopO’s balcony, and blackmail is a very real thing.

See you on the other side, Class of 2014.