Former Student Body President Christy Lambden takes job at UNC

Student officers for 2014 were inaugurated in the Great Hall on Tuesday.

Former Student Body President Christy Lambden has accepted an offer from South Building to work as a Chancellor’s Fellow beginning June 1.

Lambden said the program was initiated this year and will allow graduates the chance to experience the administrative side of UNC.

“I’m still waiting on the visa approval to come through so it’s not entirely 100 percent sure yet, but I received the job offer over the weekend and confirmed that I would be taking the position early on this week,” he said.

According to UNC’s posting for the position, there will be three Chancellor’s Fellows who will serve in the role for one year.

UNC spokeswoman Karen Moon said the position was created in January, and Lambden will be hired on the condition that he passes the screening process that all employees go through.

She did not have the names of the other people who the University will hire.

“This position lends itself to recent graduates who are motivated, intellectually curious and interested in contributing to Carolina. The position will have regular interaction with senior leadership and will work to research, write and contribute to strategic planning for the University,” the job posting reads.

The advertisement also says applicants are required to be recent graduates of UNC.

The position will require Lambden to work with the Office of the Chancellor, the Office of University Development, the Office of Student Affairs and various others as need should arise.

Lambden had a close relationship with Folt and other members of the administration during his time as student body president, from attending sporting events to working together on the Board of Trustees.

At the sexual assault task force meeting Wednesday, the group began by asking each member to share a piece of good news with the group.

When it came time for Lambden’s, he said he was happy to say he would be remaining at UNC another year.

“I’m not going to be deported,” he said.

Staff Writer Jane Wester  contributed reporting.

More in Faculty

More in

More in Student Life