Chapel Hill Town Council
After months of intense debate and deliberation, the Chapel Hill Town Council passed a proposal Monday night which they hope will encourage development on Ephesus Church Road and Fordham Boulevard.
- The Chapel Hill Town Council will be holding a public interest meeting on Thursday, May 15, at 6 p.m. about the proposed mixed-use Obey Creek Development. The meeting will be in Room B of the Chapel Hill Public Library.
- The Orange County Board of Commissioners will hold a work session on Thursday, May 15, at 7 p.m. to discuss budget for the Ephesus-Fordham area. The meeting will be held at the Southern Human Services Center at 2501 Homestead Road.
- Chapel Hill Town Council will hold a public hearing on Monday, May 19, at 7 p.m. The meeting will be located at 2501 Homestead Road in Chapel Hill.
- The Orange County Board of Commissioners will hold a regular meeting on Tuesday, May 20, at 7 p.m. The meeting will be located at 2501 Homestead Road in Chapel Hill.
- The Carrboro Board of Aldermen will be meeting on Tuesday, May 20, at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be located at 301 W. Main St.
The council voted to bring form-based zoning code to the area, which is expected to make development easier.
Members of the council said they believe this new code will bring more retail, affordable housing and better transportation within the community.