Pedestrian hit near Carrboro intersection Thursday night

A pedestrian was hit near the intersection of Jones Ferry Road and Davie Road in Carrboro at about 11:20 p.m. Thursday, according to a press release from the Carrboro Police Department.

An investigation into the incident has been completed, and no charges have been filed, Capt. Chris Atack of the Carrboro Police Department said.

The person was hit by a 2008 Toyota truck driving eastbound on Jones Ferry Road, Atack said.

He said there was no marked crosswalk at the scene, but under North Carolina state law, pedestrians have the right of way at intersections at what are called unmarked crosswalks. In this case, Atack said the pedestrian was not in an unmarked crosswalk when the person was hit.

The police department is close to knowing the identity of the person who was hit, but is not ready to release a name or age, Atack said.

“We’re still having some issues confirming that person’s identity,” Atack said. “We’re not 100 percent sure.”

Atack said the person is still at UNC hospitals and police are unaware of the person’s current condition. He said they believe the person’s injuries are serious.

“At the scene, there was a quick determination that they were life-threatening injuries,” he said.