The Office of Student Affairs has concluded its investigation into the recent hazing allegations made against players on the UNC football team, according to a statement released by the University Thursday afternoon.

The statement did not report the findings of the investigation.

In August, Yahoo News reported that a group of North Carolina football players hazed and assaulted wide receiver Jackson Boyer. Later that week, defensive backs Brian Walker, Donnie Miles, Des Lawrence and M.J. Stewart were suspended from playing in the season opener against Liberty University.

"When the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill first learned of an off-campus incident that occurred Aug. 4, reports of that incident were taken very seriously, and a thorough review was immediately initiated," Thursday's statement said.

The Department of Public Safety recorded an allegation of aggravated assault on Aug. 8. The Clery Act requires universities to publish campus security policies and crime statistics, maintain a daily crime log and provide timely warnings about ongoing threats to students.

The Clery Act report states that the allegation was filed on Aug. 8 after the assault occurred at the Aloft Hotel on Aug. 4.

The Office of Student Affairs provided the results of its investigation to Student Attorney General Raquel Dominguez on Wednesday, according to the statement.

It is the job of the student attorney general to determine whether to file disciplinary charges for possible student behavior violations.