You Asked for It: In which we learn to manage our grief in an earth-friendly way

FRANK Rubbish to Runway Trashion Show
FRANK Rubbish to Runway Trashion Show

Drew Goins (almost as funny as Bobby Frasor) and Kelsey Weekman (almost as emotional as Kennedy Meeks singing Whitney) are “You Asked for It,” a column in which the two experts give you their rarely helpful advice. Results may vary.

You: How do I get over a breakup with my boyfriend?

YAFI: Five steps, y’all:

1. Denial — You and Jason were destined to be since you locked eyes across the Pit. He had just lied about being registered to vote, and you were painting a cube for the TEDx talk on the gender politics of Azerbaijani water parks. But now he’s moved on to a more committed relationship with his fantasy football team. Accept it.

2. Anger — Play Taylor Swift’s “Picture to Burn.” Let America’s breakup queen fuel your rage. Gather all of the pictures of you and Jason and ignite them with the linen-scented candle you’re not allowed to have in your dorm. Or throw them in the dumpster. Remember to recycle.

3. Bargaining — You’ll start wondering what you could’ve done differently.

“Maybe if I hadn’t taken him to Late Night with Roy, he wouldn’t have realized I’ll never be as pure of heart as Sylvia Hatchell.”

Jason, if you give me another chance, I’ll watch you play ‘Grand Theft Auto XXVII,’ and I won’t even talk about the implicated frightening moral decay. It matters not in the eternity I shall spend at your side.”

4. Eating those microwave coffee mug desserts you saw on Pinterest — You re-pinned the brownie because it was super cute (and you love, love, love tiny stuff), but you never thought you’d need it like this.

5. Downloading Tinder.

You: How do I get over a breakup with my girlfriend?

YAFI: Same thing. Just more T. Swift; less recycling.