Kvetching board for March 6, 2015

kvetch:

v.1 (Yiddish) to complain

To the man clearing his driveway with a leaf blower: That is not how that works.

With all the poorly researched opinion columns in the DTH lately, I really want a Chrome plug-in to replace “lived experience” with “anecdote.”

I finally have a story to tell my grandchildren when I think they’ve got it easy: “Back in my day, I had to walk up Hillsborough Street through the ice and slush...”

It’s a shame the Duke game wasn’t during the snowstorm. Students who didn’t get tickets are salty enough to have kept the roads between here and Durham clear.

Has The Minor received their Pulitzer Prize yet? They deserve it.

To the Yik Yak Yakarma truck that played pleasant music and made me think that there was ice cream nearby: Not. Cool.

Please tell me I did not just hear a first-year ask what a linear regression is — I’m sorry, but this library is way too stressed out about midterms for your pre-algebraic concerns.

Chancellor Folt would do anything for this University — even if it meant telling everyone how disappointed she is.

To everyone who didn’t receive a ticket in the lottery and is somehow going Phase 1: Deals with the devil are not allowed when we play Duke.

My friends think I’ve been running more this semester for my health, but I actually just want to be able to make it up the hill to Franklin Street after we beat Duke.

To the girl celebrating her luck by posting a picture of her Phase 1 Duke ticket on Facebook: Thanks!

Philosophical question: if I don’t care enough about something to remember to do it, does it still count as procrastination?

Professors and classes are like Romeo and Juliet, and this snow is like the dragon that kept them apart.

I liked Cobb better when it was just a bunch of quiet kids and not a perpetual crime scene.

Send your one-to-two ?sentence entries to ?opinion@dailytarheel.com, subject line ‘kvetch.’