Paige Ladisic will serve as 2015-16 Editor-in-Chief of The Daily Tar Heel

Paige Ladisic and bradley Saacks are running for The Daily Tar Heel's 2015-2016 Editor in Chief.

A ten-member selection committee selected Paige Ladisic to serve as the 2015-16 Editor-in-Chief of The Daily Tar Heel. 

Ladisic, a junior journalism and political science major from Oak Island, joined The Daily Tar Heel staff as a freshman and she was determined to make a positive impact within the newsroom immediately.

She began as a staff writer for the city desk, and later became the assistant editor for the desk her sophomore year. She entered the race as the online editor for The Daily Tar Heel.

Ladisic is working to emphasize digital journalism in The Daily Tar Heel’s newsroom. In her platform, Ladisic said she wants to teach all staff members to work digitally, which will get them more involved with the publishing side. She hopes this effort will allow new staffers to have a smoother transition into their second semester.

Ladisic’s main focus is The Daily Tar readers. Her emphasis on digital is also an attempt to make the paper more social media friendly and allows readers to express opinions and ideas on what is written by the newspaper.

Many of her professors and fellow staffers noted her passion for journalism and the leadership qualities she possesses during the application process. They also said she has a flexible background in newsroom, which made up the backing of her platform.