All Up in Your Business for Sept. 29, 2015

Logan’s Pub to replace Deep End

Chapel Hill’s newest bar is scheduled to open this Friday. With an emphasis on theme nights, Logan’s versatility sets it apart from competing bars in the area. 

“Anybody can come because we’re going to try to be diverse,” Elkins says. 

The 201 E. Franklin St. location has been completely renovated. Elkins said he demolished the booths and removed the old flooring to create space for pool tables. 

“We actually want you to do something while you’re here,” Elkins said. 

He estimates the majority of customers will be UNC students and has planned accordingly. The TVs are programmed with NFL Ticket so students can come to Logan’s to watch Carolina football games. In addition, students’ beloved country night will be held every Wednesday featuring costume contests and novelty decorations.

Carrboro has plans for a new pizzeria

Owner Gabe Barker’s enthusiasm for serving the community quality food stems from being involved with the restaurant industry at a young age. His parents, Karen and Ben Barker, owned a Triangle-area restaurant, Magnolia Grill. 

Previously, Barker worked at various restaurants in San Francisco. His experiences have caused him to develop a passion for pizza.

“My entire dream when I first moved to San Francisco was to hopefully one day potentially have this opportunity to be able to move back here to cook with my parents,” Barker said.” “I’m really excited to try and grow and be a part of the community.”

Opening at the end of 2015, Pizza Mercato will offer pizza Americano style pizza, as well as other menu items. 

“I think one of the beautiful things about pizza is that it really does attract people of all ages,” Barker said. 

Belly Blast studio opens its doors

Professional dancer, Jessica Hannan Sultan, has created an alternative exercise program and dance studio, Belly Blast, which opened in August. 

Belly Blast, both the name of the studio and the workout, is a modified form of belly dance combining belly dancing with resistance training. 

“What you get is a really incredible core and cardio workout from the first time you come to the studio,” Hannan said. 

The inspiration for Belly Blast came from Hannan’s years of experience teaching and performing belly dance in Canada.  

“Everybody enjoys belly dance,” Hannan said. “(Belly dance) captures your imagination, provides a great workout and you feel beautiful while you’re dancing.”

Belly Blast embraces these qualities of belly dance while simplifying the movement and reducing the risk of injury.

On Saturday and Oct. 17, Belly Blast will offer free classes at the studio, located at 300 S. Elliot Rd.