UPDATE, 10:44 a.m., Oct. 16: Mike Hughes turned himself in to Chapel Hill Police on Friday night and was released on a $1,000 bond, according to the arrest report. Hughes was charged with misdemeanor assault inflicting serious injury.

He is set to appear in court today.

UPDATE, 10:28 p.m., Oct. 15: M.J. Stewart turned himself in to Chapel Hill Police today and was released on a $2,000 unsecured bond, according to the arrest report. Stewart was charged with one count of misdemeanor assault and battery. 

He will appear in court on Oct. 22. 

North Carolina sophomore cornerback M.J. Stewart and freshman cornerback Mike Hughes have been suspended indefinitely from football-related activities due to a violation of team rules, the school announced on Thursday.

The statement from the University says the violation spawns from an incident that occurred in Chapel Hill on Oct. 4. Neither player will play in Saturday's game against Wake Forest.

“We have been aware of this situation since the night of the altercation and have been working closely with the University and Chapel Hill Police to gather relevant information,” said Coach Larry Fedora in the statement. “We hold our players to a high standard and M.J. and Mike will face the consequences for their involvement.”

Through five games this season, Stewart leads the Tar Heels with three interceptions and four pass break ups on seven passes defended. He was also suspended for the Liberty game in 2014 because of a violation of team policy.

Hughes, a three-star recruit from New Bern, has seen playing time on defense and special teams this season.