Kvetching board for Nov. 13, 2015

kvetch:

v.1 (Yiddish) to complain

Naturally our preseason No. 1 rank was too good to be true. Is second half (of the season) Marcus going to be a thing?

If I hear “Carolina in My Mind” one more time, I’m transferring.

This semester is getting worse, which is saying a hell of a lot compared to how it started.

To the guy that is always painted-up for football games/in the risers for basketball games: You probably think that we standard-fare fans don’t notice you there, but we do. You’re like Waldo — we might not notice you at first, but once we do, it’s hard to miss you.

With all due respect, I wish UNC would worry less about where my student is going to go to the bathroom and more about keeping her safe. Attempted kidnappings and safety trump everything else.

The University needs to make Veterans Day a holiday. Do it for the troops.

The (Raleigh) News & Observer continues to dig through the emails. Does this mean that the expensive Wainstein report was also bought and paid for like the Martin report?

Every time my law professor refers to the “DP Clause,” my inner teenager giggles.

Update on America: F*ck yeah.

Where are the dog therapy events coming back? I could use a puppy now.

Hm ... Can’t figure out this Orgo problem. Maybe Snapchat has the answer ... Nope. *five minutes later* Still no. And so the cycle continues.

Davie Hall needs to be fixed or changed or removed. I don’t know; it just looks bad in its current state.

Why haven’t any candidates been to campus yet? I like to play hard to get and expect candidates to come to me.

To the person who criticized me for being a pencil enthusiast: Pencils are the backbone of the academic world and demand respect.

Back sweat in November.

Folt’s message in a nutshell: Please nobody go on a hunger strike, k thnx byeeee.

When the Tab’s article on going undercover at Shooters featured a UNC student in the main photo. Try again, friends.

Before every class I check the syllabus and hope that the maximum absences allowed was raised. I am at the max in all my classes but still feel the need to skip.

Professors who make assignments due on a Friday fail to realize that by this point in the week I have already given up.

Send your one-to-two 
sentence entries to 
opinion@dailytarheel.com, subject line ‘kvetch’