Man on the Street: thoughts on the Hillary Clinton rally in Durham?

Ahmad Richardson, Hillside High School: "How is she going to help make (college) more affordable for us? With us coming from Durham, this isn't the richest (place) in the state, you know."

Imani Hawley, Hillside High School: "It was surreal because for me, it didn't matter which candidate was coming. It was just one of them was here in the flesh, and I really want to see their views for myself, to see what she has to say." 

Kelley Traynhan, Hillside High School: "I think people see her as the presidential candidate who as political plans to actually do something for the United States of America." 

Eaneisha Blake, Hillside High School: "This year, I'm not voting, so I just want to look toward next year to see what it's going to be like, what they're going to be talking about."

Jada Morgan, Hillside High School: "This year, I get to vote. I want to hear what Hillary has to say."

Kate Ballard, Riverside High School, on choosing Durham: "Durham's a pretty progressive place, and we're also pretty ethnically diverse — so smart move on her part."

Olivia Rostagni, Riverside High School, on learning about the event: "Our U.S. History teacher tweeted saying that she was coming to Hillside a couple of days ago." 

Jalen McGee, Hillside High School: "We’re going to be looking right at her. A lot of schools around us talk down on our school and for her to come here out of all the schools, that means a lot."

Jason Kaplan, Duke University: "My biggest hope for today is that I can leave here and say that I believe her, and that she's not just putting on a facade to get elected."