What is your craziest Spring Break plan?

Spring Break is notoriously a time for college students to let loose and blow off steam from the pressures of college life. Staff writer Cate Alspaugh took to the Pit to ask UNC students: What is your craziest Spring Break plan? 

Emily Scott

Senior

Psychology and exercise and sport science major 

I’m getting my jaw broken. They’ll put it back together with screws and things. My jaw grew weird after I got dental work done, and they have to go in and take some of it out.

Alexis White

Junior

Public policy and peace, war and defense major 

I’m going to D.C. I’m going with my boyfriend who’s never been before, so we’re just sightseeing and stuff. Every time I go to D.C. I go to Georgetown, so I’m excited for that.” 

Christy Warren

Sophomore

Psychology 

The craziest thing is to be determined.

I don’t really have my Spring Break planned, but I’m going to my friend’s lake house, and then I’m coming back to Chapel Hill. Then I’m going hiking at Pilot Mountain and Hanging Rock.

Matthew Harris

Junior

Global studies major

I’m getting in a car with a bunch of people, and we’re going to Memphis, Tenn. We’re going to go on the roofs of peoples’ houses and do some painting. We’re going to join an organization called SOS, Service Over Self, kind of a Christian Habitat for Humanity. 

Tenley Garrett

Sophomore

Media and journalism major 

I’m going to a farm. I’ve never done that before. I’ve never stayed overnight at a farm. We’re going to be picking up eggs, washing eggs, eating chicken, bathing with pigs in the mud. We’re waking up every day at 6 a.m., maybe a little earlier. I hope that there are showers. We’ll be in bed by 10 p.m. — that’s pretty crazy. I’ve never had a curfew.

Have you ever gone to bed at 10pm? Lights out kids! It’s crazy. I’m really excited.

@catealspaugh