Barnes & Noble College will take over UNC Student Stores on July 1

Barnes & Noble College Booksellers will operate UNC Student Stores starting this summer on July 1.

"We've negotiated three years of guaranteed employment with Barnes & Noble College for anybody that transfers over," said Brad Ives, associate vice chancellor for campus enterprises.

All 48 full-time employees of UNC Student Stores will either become employees of Barnes & Noble College or move to UNC's finance and administration division, according to a statement from the University.

"Nobody's going to lose their job," Ives said.

Ives said scholarship money from Student Stores will increase four or five times under Barnes & Noble's leadership.

Textbook prices are projected to be 10 percent cheaper than their current level. Ives said bringing in Barnes & Noble shouldn't affect current student employees.

The store will be renovated after the new management takes over. 

Bull's Head Bookshop will move to the second floor and expand to carry 70,000 book titles, according to the UNC statement.

"Barnes & Noble agreed that the bookshop was underutilized, and they have plans to reimagine it while preserving its local vibe that this campus has come to know and love," Ives said in the statement. 

The Daily Grind has to negotiate a new contract with Barnes & Noble College, because their contact expires on June 30.

The pharmacy and the Print Shop will remain as they are currently.