4:40 p.m., April 25: Director of Athletics Bubba Cunningham said he was unable to provide answers to several of the questions asked of him during a conference call on the amended Notice of Allegations because the "NCAA decided what broke a bylaw and what didn't."

The disappearance of men's basketball and football, the differing timeline of when the fake classes were offered compared to the Wainstein report and the inclusion of former faculty chairperson and tutor Jan Boxill but not other tutors were not explained, as Cunningham noted all decisions were ultimately made by the NCAA.

"My concern is the five allegations I have in front of me," Cunningham said multiple times on the half hour call.

The amended NOA focuses on Boxill and her role with the women's basketball team. Despite the original NOA mentioning the fraudulent classes disproportionately affected men's basketball and football, as well, the two sports do not appear in the 13-page amended NOA. 

Men's soccer does not appear either; the team was one of the two that reported new potential violations in August when the response to the first NOA was due.

UNC's reporting of the new violations extended the timeline of the NCAA's investigation in August. Now that the University has received the amended NOA, it has 90 days to respond. 

Cunningham indicated that it was likely the University would use the full 90 days to respond. He said 112 pieces of evidence were used in the investigation, which was conducted jointly by the NCAA and UNC. 

He said those documents would be made public after they are redacted, but in the meantime, he did not disclose the individuals interviewed or documents used in the investigation. 

Earlier: UNC released its new Notice of Allegations from the NCAA today.

Unlike the first NOA, the new NOA makes no reference to the men's basketball or football teams.

According to the document, former philosophy professor Jan Boxill requested a grade from the Department of Exercise and Sport Science, where she was not a professor.

Boxill is also cited for misconduct in the departments of psychology, African-American studies and philosophy. She is cited 18 times in the first pages of the NOA.

The new NOA lists the same number of level one violations — five — as the older one.

“We are carefully reviewing the amended notice of allegations resulting from our joint investigation with the NCAA and will respond with facts and evidence that present a full picture of our case,” said Director of Athletics Bubba Cunningham in a statement.

“The University takes these allegations extremely seriously. We remain committed to cooperating fully with the NCAA while working tirelessly to secure a fair outcome for Carolina.”

The first Notice of Allegations received by the NCAA was released publicly on June 4, around two weeks after UNC received it. The University self-reported two new findings of potential NCAA infractions in August, around the same time its response to the first NOA would be expected.

The NOA cited UNC for five level one violations, including a lack of institutional control.

The University was set to respond to the NOA eight months ago before two new findings delayed the process.

The first finding involved improper academic benefits given to former women’s basketball players — similar to the allegations from the NCAA’s original NOA. The second finding related to potential recruiting violations by the men’s soccer program over the past two years.

The University reported this information to the NCAA on Aug. 10 and learned four days later that the NCAA would extend its deadline.

The NCAA originally released an NOA to UNC in 2011 and reopened its investigation in June 2014, while independent investigator Kenneth Wainstein was evaluating the scandal.

The University has 90 days to respond to the new NOA — until July 24.

There will be a news conference today at 4 p.m. to address the NOA.

View the notice of allegations here.

Notice of Allegations