Classes that aren't currently offered at UNC but should be

Kris Jordan, Lecturer of Computer Science, explains boolean statements to his COMP 110 class. Jordan is liked by students for being relatable and fun.

The first week of class is always stressful, especially when the classes you really want don't actually exist. From Chancellor Folt to Franklin Street, here are some topics that should be covered at UNC but aren't (yet).

Introduction to Folt-lore

We know her as the beloved chancellor of our awesome University, but do we REALLY know Carol Folt? What’s her favorite color? What does she binge-watch on Netflix? What is her favorite place to eat on Franklin Street? This information is very important, so why not take FOLT 101? This class will prepare you for all things Carol Folt.

LFIT: Napping in Library

Are you tired in between classes? Too lazy to go back to your room and take a nap? Well, "Napping in the Library" is the class for you. This class teaches you where to find the most comfortable couches to snooze on in the UL. Don’t be late, or all the good seats will be taken. Too many UNC students sleep in the library to not have a class dedicated to the art of napping.

Historical Approaches to Michael Jordan

We all know UNC has a killer basketball team, but there is no class on the history of its greatest legend, Michael Jordan — which is really ironic considering how much he has done for the University. This class is ideal for EVERYONE. Learn how to shoot hoops, pass the ball and dunk on anyone. But, most importantly, learn how to turn your name into a brand and your face into a viral meme.

Franklin Str(eat) 101

Food is life. End of story. So UNC should definitely offer a “Franklin Str(eat) 101.” Every week, a restaurant on Franklin Street would cater food and students would get a taste of some of the best cuisine in Chapel Hill. 

swerve@dailytarheel.com