UPDATE (4:06 p.m. Saturday): Constance Mahan, the deceased driver, worked in marketing and communications at PlayMakers Repertory Company in Chapel Hill, according to their Facebook page. 

UPDATE (4:55 p.m. Friday): Chapel Hill Police have released the names of the drivers involved in Thursday night's collision.

Lt. Milton Durham of Chapel Hill police department said the deceased driver is Constance Mahan, a Carrboro resident. Mahan was driving in west in the eastbound lanes of Raleigh Road at the time of the collision.

The other driver is Jonathan Lowe, a Chapel Hill resident who was released at the scene.

One driver died Thursday night in a two-vehicle collision on Raleigh Road near the intersection of Greenwood Road, police reported.

According to investigators, one of the cars appeared to be traveling west in the eastbound lanes of Raleigh Road when it was hit head-on by another vehicle around 9:30 p.m.

The other driver was treated for minor injuries and released at the scene, they said.

The identity of the deceased driver will not be disclosed until next of kin is notified.

This is an ongoing investigation. This story will be updated as more information becomes available.