A lot of cool concerts are coming to Cat's Cradle; Here's what you should see

Caravan Palace performs at Cat's Cradle Friday evening.

Cat’s Cradle is basically concert heaven. It’s within walking distance, it’s cheap and the tiny venue somehow manages to host all your favorite artists. 

There are a lot of concerts out there, so we’ve made a playlist of all the bands coming to Cat’s Cradle this September (spoiler alert — it’s straight fire).

Here are a few highlights from this month’s line up:

Crystal Castles

Tuesday, Sept. 6

8 p.m.

$20 to $23 (sold out) 

After releasing two synth-heavy albums, the members of Crystal Castles swore off computers and vowed to record every song on their "(III)" album in one take each. The Canadian band is famous for this kind of experimentation — their songs sometimes sound more like a broken Gameboy than actual music (in a good way). Still, their concert is bound to be interesting. 

Cabinet

Thursday, Sept. 8

8 p.m.

$12 to $15

The perfect combination of bluegrass, country and folk. Cabinet’s music will make you want to grab the person next to you and square dance your heart out (in this situation, your lack of square dancing ability is irrelevant). Fans of Mipso are bound to fall in love with Cabinet's banjo-heavy sound. 

Hippie Sabotage

Saturday, Sept. 24

8 p.m.

$17 to $65

The two brothers who make up Hippie Sabotage started out making backtracks for rappers and started drawing worldwide attention after Ellie Goulding posted their remix of a Tove Lo song on Instagram. Hippie Sabotage has been raking in listeners ever since. 

Kishi Bashi

Friday, Sep. 30

$18 to $75

The violinist has worked with everyone from Regina Spektor to Of Montreal, but this is his first attempt at going solo. His music effortlessly combines classical violin with a more indie pop sound. If that’s not your thing, he also has his own line of coffee.

swerve@dailytarheel.com