All Up In Your Business for Sept. 22, 2016

CHICLE Language Institute

CHICLE Language Institute will host a ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate their new location in Chapel Hill today.

The institute moved from Weaver Street to 109 Conner Dr. to be at a more centralized location between Chapel Hill and Carrboro, said Bryttanye Bannister, office manager of CHICLE.

CHICLE provides translation services for different events in the community and the UNC Health Care. The institute has instructors for multiple languages.

“We teach a variety of languages, including Spanish, French and German,” Bannister said.

They also have language instructors for Mandarin and Russian.

Bannister said the institute is excited about the new location and having their own office space.

The ribbon cutting will start at 4:30 p.m.

Guests will include staff and ambassadors of the Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber of Commerce, local community and business leaders and elected officials, Bannister said.

Zells Daiquiri Bar

A daiquiri bar is coming to Chapel Hill, taking the residence of a former, well-known dive bar.

Zells Daiquiri Bar will occupy 157 E. Rosemary St. which used to house Chapel Hill Underground.

Chapel Hill Underground, a former gay bar, closed in the past year.

Bertha Gamble, the new tenant, does not know the exact date the bar will open but said she expects it will be sometime next month.

There are no other daiquiri bars in Chapel Hill.

Zells Daiquiri Bar will be underneath Country Fried Duck.

The Spotted Dog Restaurant

The Spotted Dog restaurant in Carrboro is under new ownership as of Aug. 31.

Ed Corbell recently purchased the restaurant after being a long-time patron.

“My wife and I have been eating here eight or nine years, and we love the restaurant,” he said.

Corbell said he does not plan on making any major changes to the menu.

The Spotted Dog currently boasts a variety of vegetarian, vegan and organic options.

He will, however, be making a change to the restaurant’s hours.

The Spotted Dog is currently closed on Mondays, but Corbell plans to open for Mondays by the end of October.

Sitting on a corner between Main and Weaver St., the restaurant has been open since 1998.

As a self-proclaimed ‘green’ restaurant, the Spotted Dog exercises many recycling practices.

It has won multiple local awards, including “Best Vegetarian-Friendly Restaurant” from Indy Week and “Best Veggie Burger.”