Letter: ​Change can happen by being active

Occupy Wall Street had millions of people united and standing up in the cold across the nation. Occupy Wall Street did not make politicians change laws.

I am here to show college students how they will lead themselves and most Americans to better lives. You have the power to change America at your fingertips.

You don’t have to wait for an election. You can start changing America right now. Your battle cry should be “Makin’ the law.”

We can no longer continue to let corporations write the laws for our politicians.

Americans only take back control of our government by writing our own laws. Laws that benefit all Americans, not just a few.

You can change politics. You have to visually, virtually and verbally kick ass.

When you are the smartest people in the country, your weapons are words.

You have access to all the world’s knowledge. You write papers about every subject.

Please, please start sharing that knowledge.

Students and professors do real debates. Subjects, pros and cons for all Americans. Providing debates and links to all source materials. Saving Americans millions of hours, allowing informed decisions in hours of research, not months and decades.

Americans want knowledge instead of propaganda. This is proven by the number of Americans that watch the presidential debates, hoping to get one little bit of information. I say it’s up to you to provide that information.

As Americans, we cannot allow the present system to continue.

Daryl Brandt

Oelwein, Iowa