Letter: ​Reasons why UNC did not do well Saturday

I am a Patriots fan in New England and while I am not used to losing, I am especially uncomfortable losing when I feel I have the best team. 

First of all, may I state that when we get a “Neutral Site” game, let’s not call one in the opposition’s capital city (Atlanta), at their biggest NFL stadium and 90 percent of the fans, A NEUTRAL FIELD !http://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2016/09/press-coverage-unc-vs-georgia-football-preview

I very sincerely felt that our play selection was horrendous. 

We have excellent receivers. 

A bunch of passes laterally 20 or 30 yards didn’t work on the first two plays (poor Ryan Switzer), but continued not to work the entire game­ — especially the infamous “touchback.” I’m convinced that Trubisky is an excellent quarterback, but the plays he was given to work with completely arrested his talents.http://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2016/09/press-coverage-unc-vs-georgia-football-preview

Maybe just a few more passes down the field or across the field would have helped both the receivers and Trubisky. 

I am also concerned over the defense. 

Not much has to be said. 

Great at times ... on break at others. 

My final comments are to Coach Fedora. 

A great coach, but “pick your battles.”

Don’t blow up on every call. The refs will get tired of being questioned. 

Act like you are having some fun at certain times during the game and the players may react positively. 

We have a great team, enough great runners, a good bunch of receivers and an excellent quarterback. A defense that can turn things around at the next practice. 

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

James Culbertson

Brentwood, N.H.

Class of ’65