Fall is here. Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back, leaves are changing color and we are all tired of school. Time for fall TV. 

Here are the five shows you should watch during fall. 

Luke Cage

When you can watch it: Available now

Where you can find it: Netflix

Genre: Action, Drama, Superhero

“Luke Cage” features Mike Colter as the titular character in the series following “Daredevil” and “Jessica Jones.” It's in a collection of Netflix series within the Marvel universe that will eventually lead to a crossover miniseries called “The Defenders." Luke Cage, a former convict given superhuman strength and durability by a sabotaged experiment, uses his powers to fight crime and defend Harlem. The show features a predominantly black cast and is being hailed as “The First Woke Black-Superhero Show."  The show echoes the noir-style grittiness of “Daredevil” and “Jessica Jones,” and, in a time when media is filled with images of police brutality, many people are pointing out the significance of the image of a bulletproof black man. 

The Good Place

When you can watch it: Thursdays at 8:30 p.m.

Where you can watch it: NBC

Genre: Fantasy, Sitcom

“The Good Place” stars Kristen Bell as Eleanor, a woman who dies an embarrassing death and wakes up in the afterlife. Her mentor, Michael (Ted Danson), informs her that she is in “the good place” because of the good deeds she committed in her lifetime. Eleanor quickly discovers that she has been mistaken for someone else and was supposed to be sent to “the bad place.” 

“The Good Place” is one of the most anticipated shows of the season, partly because of its star power. The show not only stars Kristen Bell (the queen of delivering witty lines) and Ted Danson (the king of sitcoms) — the creator and writer of the show is Michael Schur, known for his work on “The Office” and “Parks & Recreation.” With interesting and colorful visuals, complicated ethics and clever writing, “The Good Place” promises to be absurd and delightful. The series debuted on Sept. 19, but you can catch up on previous episodes on Hulu Plus. 

Atlanta

When you can watch it: Tuesdays at 10 p.m.

Where you can watch it: FX

Genre: Comedy, Drama

It’s fair to say that “Atlanta” is Donald Glover’s passion project. He is the creator, executive producer, writer, director, executive music producer and star of the series. Glover’s character, Earn Marks, is a college dropout who works with his cousin Alfred and friend Darius to navigate Atlanta’s rap scene and improve the lives of their families.

The show is getting great reviews, including a 100 percent fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes. It offers a fresh perspective on what it means to be black in modern America, as well as tackling topics like cultural appropriation and poverty. The show is very slow-paced and sometimes dreamlike — Glover himself called it “'Twin Peaks' for rappers”. The show premiered on Sept. 6, but you can catch up on previous episodes on fxnetworks.com. 

“Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life”

When you can watch it: Nov. 25

Where you can watch it: Netflix

Genre: Comedy, Drama

When the original “Gilmore Girls” aired from 2000 to 2007, it was hailed for its fast-paced dialogue and lovable characters. So when it was announced that the show would be revived as a four episode Netflix special, fans rejoiced. “Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life” will consist of four 90-minute episodes, each named after a season, the first being "Winter." Lauren Graham (Lorelei), Alexis Bledel (Rory) and Kelly Bishop (Emily) will all be returning to reprise their roles as the Gilmore women, as well as Scott Patterson (Luke), Melissa McCarthy (Sookie), Keiko Agena (Lane) and Liza Weil (Paris). All three of Rory’s boyfriends from the original show will also be making appearances. The show will explore Lorelei’s relationship with Luke, Rory’s career and Emily dealing with the death of her husband. 

The Crown

When you can watch it: Nov. 4

Where you can watch it: Netflix

Genre: Comedy, Biopic

“The Crown” is an American-British drama about the life of Queen Elizabeth II. The first season of the show will focus on the first decade of the queen’s reign, starting with her as a 25-year-old newlywed ascending to the throne after her father’s death. Claire Foy plays The Queen with Matt Smith playing her husband, Prince Philip. 

There is some controversy surrounding the series, as it is rumored to be the most expensive TV series ever. Some historians are criticizing the series, claiming that it does not accurately represent Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s marriage. Despite the controversy, critics are raving about the series and it is one of the most highly anticipated shows of the season. 

@KyleyUnderhill

swerve@dailytarheel.com