Halloweentown: A style guide

Happy Oct. 4 — IT’S TIME TO TALK ABOUT HALLOWEEN.

More specifically, "Halloweentown." You might recall the Disney Channel original that took the world by storm. This movie has everything– goblins, scrunchies, potions, teen angst and scrunchies. 

Now, "Halloweentown" is a real-life place you can visit (it's about time, honestly). In case you can't make it to Oregon for the one weekend it's open, here are some stylish ways to incorporate "Halloweentown" into your everyday life. 

Marnie's mom, Gwen 

This long denim jacket for when you want to channel Marnie’s mother and forbid your children from celebrating Halloween for undisclosed reasons. 

Marnie's brother, Dylan 

These khakis for when you just really want to be Marnie’s younger brother, Dylan. For the full effect, get them two sizes too large and pair them with these

shirts

Marnie 

If you were completely obsessed with whatever it was Marnie wore in the first movie, you can try this flowy red vest. Top it off with this rainbow velvet scrunchie. Now we're talkin'. 

For a more witchy feel, this red robe (which is actually a "Game of Thrones" costume, but you can leave it up to artistic interpretation) paired with these maroon go-go boots will make you feel extra spooky.  

Grandma Aggie 

If you really want to go all out as Grandma Aggie, you can even blow $160 on this red velvet maxi dress

Practical and cute!

If none of this is your style, you could always just visit Marnie's  Etsy shop.

But that's ridiculous. Halloween is always in style. 

via GIPHY

@callieriek

swerve@dailytarheel.com