It's fall but you still want ice cream

Yeah, you could say it is the wrong season for an ice cream article, but we would say that there is no wrong time for ice cream.

The Parlour

Nestled next to a pink cloud sign in the center of downtown Durham, The Parlour serves up a wide array of scrumptious scoops. The ice cream is handmade and locally sourced, but, most importantly, delicious. Don’t miss the Vietnamese Coffee flavor; its espresso beans and sweetened condensed milk pack a good punch. Also, in accordance with the season, Pumpkin Pie is in stock for fall. 

Maple View Farm 

Nestled just about 10 miles from campus without a bus that runs there, Maple View Farm is not an easy place to visit. But it is a Chapel Hill staple with lines often running out the door and ice cream lovers crowding the porch’s rocking chairs. The only thing better than the ice cream is the distinct feeling of home that radiates out of this farm.

Sugarland

What is ice cream without its enchanting foreign cousin gelato? To satisfy your fix, stroll down to Sugarland for a cup of its pricey, creamy, mouthwatering dessert. And while I have tried many times to order any flavor other than the Donatella (it's like Nutella), I just keep going back to the best. 

Bandido’s Mexican Cafe

You probably were not expecting a Mexican restaurant to be placed on a list of local ice cream indulgences, but here it is. And it will not disappoint. Their Oreo Fried Ice Cream is mouthwatering in that Saturday-at-2 a.m. sort of way. It’s a monster scoop of vanilla, doused in Oreo crumbs and deep-fried. Then again, they are not open until 2 a.m., so, until my dreams come true, try stopping by for dinner. 

Howling Cow

The last time I went to the Howling Cow at N.C. State, I ordered a pint of their Wolf Tracks and ate it within 15 minutes. If that is not enough to demonstrate the deliciousness of this ice cream, the shop often sells out of flavors and racks up half-an-hour lines at the N.C. State Fair. This lab-manufactured ice cream is almost scientifically proven to make any bad day just a little bit better. 

@ThatIsSoGinger

swerve@dailytarheel.com