Trump rallies supporters in Selma five days before election

Republican Presidential nominee, Donald Trump, held a rally in Selma, North Carolina.

Trump’s speech focused on building a stronger military, supporting existing police officers, soldiers and veterans as well as improving foreign policy concerning Syrian refugees, illegal immigration and the border.

Trump emphasized his longstanding position concerning building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border in his speech.

“We will build a wall,” Trump said. “It will be a real wall.”

Trump also addressed national security, and he mentioned a strong military as well as a strong defense against terrorism as policy goals.

“We must be a safe nation,” he said. “Hillary supports open borders.”

Trump said his solution to the Syrian refugee crisis was to build safe zones in Syria rather than allow Syrian refugees entrance into the country, citing his concern over violence in Europe.

“We can’t let what is happening in Europe happen here,” he said.

He also spoke about improving the support of law enforcement officers in light of recent events.

Two police officers were killed in ambush attacks in Des Moines, Iowa on Wednesday. The motive of the attack is still unclear.

Trump said, under his presidency, all men and women in uniform will have the support, resources and medical care they need.

Anne Soeder, an attendee of the event, said she specifically wanted to see corruption in government addressed by Trump.

He criticized Hillary Clinton for her role as Secretary of State and said she is under multiple criminal investigations, and that the media and many politicians were corrupt.

Soeder also said she was appalled at late-stage abortions Clinton would support as president.

“I support Trump because he’s pro-life,” said event attendee Stephanie Keene.

Trump said the United States economy needs to be saved and mentioned multiple solutions to address the problem.

“We need to save America’s economy,” he said. “That begins with immediately repealing Obamacare.”

North Carolina Lt. Gov. Dan Forest, a speaker at the event, said Trump’s positions on the economy were a positive.

“How would you like to have a president who’s not going to add to our national debt, but is going to pay off our national debt?” he asked.

Trump said his administration would renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement, a trade deal between the U.S., Mexico and Canada that decreases trade barriers between the three countries.

At the end of his speech, Trump focused on one specific sentiment to be addressed through his presidential policies.

“My policy can be based on three very important words: peace through strength,” he said.