Over the course of eight years, Michelle Obama had some incredible moments as the first lady.
She made her mark on The White House through her undeniable intelligence, elegance and poise.
Michelle notably utilized her platform and unapologetically served the United States of America through her willful honesty, grace and humor, leaving all those who listened with softened hearts and opened minds.
The Daily Tar Heel takes a look back at six of her best moments.
1. Carpool Karaoke with James Corden (and also Missy Elliott)
Elliott created her best collaboration yet with Michelle as the lead.
2. Photo shoot with The Verge, and all photo shoots preceding and following it
As a photo shoot prodigy, Michelle does not have one bad photo.
3. Trip to CVS with Ellen Degeneres
Ellen coerces Michelle into probably one of the most memorable drug store trips she has ever had.
4. The Let's Move initiative to fight childhood obesity
To fight for the children of America, Michelle takes her platform to the next level.
5. Fashion looks at every event
6. The best dance moves at all the right times
This gif is only one of the many times Michelle has shown the world her range of talents, both as the first lady and pretty much a professional dancer.
To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.