All Up In Your Business: ​Living Kitchen Restaurant to open Feb. 9

Living Kitchen
Living Kitchen

CORRECTION: Due to an editing error, a previous version of this story misspelled Josh Michael's name. The story has been updated. The Daily Tar Heel apologizes for the error.

Living Kitchen, a plant-based and raw restaurant, is set to open at 201 S. Elliott Road next to the Whole Foods in Chapel Hill on Feb. 9.

Based out of Charlotte, N.C., Living Kitchen is a plant-based, raw, 100 percent organic restaurant with their aim to get the most nutrients and antioxidants out of their dishes without using heat on a majority of their food. They feature a broad range of vegan and vegetarian dishes, as well as various fresh cold pressed juices. The restaurant sources microgreens from Sweet Peas Urban Garden in Raleigh. 

Josh Michael, general manager of the new restaurant, said he is excited for Living Kitchen to be in Chapel Hill. 

“It’s a natural fit for Chapel Hill, really. There are a lot of educated people that live in Chapel Hill that understand the importance of being healthy,” said Michael while discussing the choice of the location.

Living Kitchen is still currently accepting applications for culinary and kitchen crew positions. They welcome all applicants and said they are thrilled about the staff they have brought in so far.

Being considered a healthy restaurant is something Living Kitchen looks forward to bring to Chapel Hill and to reach out to all types of eaters. 

"You don’t have to be plant based, you don’t have to live this type of way every single day, everyone is welcome to come and eat at our restaurant,” said Assistant Manager Alyssa Stearns.

“We strive to really bring something fresh and different to the table,” said Sally Moore, director of marketing for Living Kitchen.