Buy Chapel Hill artists' music on Bandcamp today, donate to the ACLU

Peter Vance of Happy Abandon playing at Cat's Cradle on Sat. March 5

This week has been rough for a lot of people, myself included. Music is one of the few things that helps.

In response to the immigration ban,  Bandcamp will donate 100 percent of their profits made from any purchase Friday to the American Civil Liberties Union. 

While this is a national event, why not take this opportunity to support your local music community? We live in an amazing area for local music. Here are some artists that you should check out/support today. It's a two birds, one stone type of deal. 

What could be more American than supporting your nation by supporting your community? 

A nation that continues to be built by immigrants, probably. 

The Human Eyes

They sound like Alvvays but less hipster-performing-50s-nostalgia and a lot more 80s-synth-sadness-relatable. I really, really like them. 

Al Riggs and the Inconveniences 

Melodic, reflective and folksy, the band's bio on Bandcamp is "Sad Songs For, About, And Written By Birds," and who doesn't love that? For every album sold, they donate $2 to Planned Parenthood. 

Happy Abandon

A band that started in 2010 with  four UNC students at the time, Happy Abandon specializes in indie, orchestral rock. 

Sunshine Faces

Noah Rawlings, who started this band, was in my French class, and he's just as cool as his dream low-fi pop music makes him sound.

Solar Halos

Solid rock with gloomy undertones. Grunge definitely didn't die in the '90s. 

@sarahvassello

swerve@dailytarheel.com