Police log for Feb. 1, 2017

• Someone reported burglary on the 100 block of West Longview Street at 4:10 a.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person entered the residence and stole $707 worth of items, including three gift cards, a wallet and an iPhone, reports state.

• Someone reported larceny from a vehicle on the 300 block of Aquatic Drive at 5:06 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person stole a purse and its contents, valued at $90 total, from an unlocked car, reports state.

• Someone reported automobile theft on the 100 block of Columbia Place Drive at 5:03 p.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person stole a secured motor vehicle, valued at $5,000, reports state.

• Someone reported larceny from a vehicle at Morgan Creek Trail Parking Lot at 3:58 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person broke the car window, causing $300 in damage, and stole a purse with various items inside, valued at $234 total, reports state.

• Someone reported damage to property on the 300 block of Colony Woods Drive at 10:55 a.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person cut the telephone line, valued at $100, reports state.

• Someone shoplifted at the Food Lion at 1129 Weaver Dairy Road at 5 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person was cited after stealing $535.19 of groceries, reports state.