WOTS: What are you doing for Spring Break?

Spring Break, the week we have been waiting for since spring semester started, is finally here — WE MADE IT, FAM.

While some students have extravagant vacation plans, others are taking on service projects during the week.

Some of us are just glad to catch be able to catch up on Netflix and sleep. Regardless, it's a week we've all earned after countless midterms, group projects and papers.

Staff writer Alexandra Blazevich went around campus to ask how eight UNC students will be spending Spring Break 2017.

Darian Redfearn 

Sophomore sociology major 

“I intend to head back home  — which is Charlotte, North Carolina — to work and sleep.”

Marianne Durkin 

Foreign exchange student 

“I am going to Mexico, so flying to Mérida and then hiring a car and going around the region. I’m excited.”

Zach Kosnitzky 

First-year history major 

“I’m going to spend some quality time with the family and go to Sea Island off the coast of Georgia. It’s supposed to be nice.”

Charley Gowland 

First-year undecided major 

“Well, right when I get out of school, I have to get my wisdom teeth out unfortunately. But, I’m going to fight through the meds and the pain and stuff. I’ve got plans to go to the beach with my friends in Wrightsville.”

Jasper Brindis

First-year economics major 

“I’m going on an alternative spring break to Panama to do microfinance in small communities.”

Bharath Biyyala

First-year nutrition major

“I am going to Miami tomorrow, I am visiting a friend at U-Miami.”

Hannah Frisch

Sophomore American studies major

“I am going to Utah to go skiing with my family. I haven’t been skiing in a while, but hopefully it’ll be fun.”

Olivia Joyner 

Sophomore global studies major

“I am traveling to Guanajuato, Mexico. It’s part of an APPLES Global Course on migration, so we’re doing homestays, visiting schools and teaching a little bit of English, and just seeing what migration experiences are like after people return home or before they leave to go to the United States.”

@alexablazeDTH

swerve@dailytarheel.com