WOTS: How are seniors feeling about graduation?

As the end of the year is quickly approaching, the class of 2017 is getting ready to say goodbye to UNC. Staff writer Hannah Smith talked to seniors to get the scoop on how they're feeling during their final days here:

Katie Serafen

Biology major

“It’s a very bittersweet feeling. Carolina's been such an awesome place to be for the past few years but I’m excited to be moving on into the next stage of life.”

Carly Berkenblit

Media and journalism major

“I’m really stressed, and I have no idea what I’m doing. I’m going to miss it [Carolina] so much.”

Susanna Jenkins

Environmental studies and economics major

“I’m really sad. Very nostalgic and sentimental with only three weeks left. No regrets though.”

Justina Vasquez

Business journalism major

"The classic feeling is nostalgia. I'm feeling kind of at peace. I know what I'm doing this summer, and I know I'll have a job soon after. I think now I just want to finish strong with classes and also catch up with friends and have all my goodbyes."

Osarumwense Onaiwu 

Biology major

"I feel a little split – I'm not going to be able to leave all the experiences, so it's been very bittersweet. The sweet part is leaving the classes."

Mary Claire Brogden

Advertising major

“I’m feeling my time here went by so quickly and I’m not ready to say goodbye to this campus and Chapel Hill, but I know the relationships and the things I’ve learned here will stay with me."

Jessica Stout

Global studies major

“I guess I feel that the closer we get to graduation, the more it feels like time is going faster. I just try and do lots of fun things and utilize every moment.” 

Sarah Jane Jensen

Strategic communications major

“The last couple of months of senior year are really incredible because you really start to slow down and appreciate everything about Chapel Hill. You bond with all the other seniors, and there's a great energy because you really cherish everything." 

swerve@dailytarheel.com