Five series to binge-watch on Netflix this summer

There are only 83 more days until fall semester, but who’s counting?

Definitely not me.

Some of us are taking summer classes, some of us are working and some of us are sleeping past 1 p.m. — which is totally acceptable.

Afterward, however, we’re faced with this tough question: “What should I do now?”

The answer is, “Watch Netflix, of course!” (Hanging with friends is an acceptable answer too. Social interaction is important. Or not.)

So here are five binge-worthy shows to check out during the remaining 83 days of your summer.

Riverdale

Welcome to the sleepy town of “Riverdale.” 

Based on the characters from Archie Comics, the drama focuses on the many secrets hidden underneath the façade of the picture-perfect town, including the death of the star quarterback of Riverdale High. Archie (K.J. Apa), Betty (Lili Reinhart), Veronica (Camila Mendes) and the gang set out to uncover the town’s secrets while trying to navigate the many challenges of high school. 

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Rebecca Bunch (Rachel Bloom) is just your typical “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend” – she claims she has no underlying issues to address and she’s certifiably cute and adorably obsessed. 

This musical dramedy begins when Rebecca, who suffers from depression and anxiety, runs into her first love, Josh Chan (Vincent Rodriguez III), on the streets of New York. After realizing she isn’t happy with her life, she impulsively quits her job at a law firm and flies to West Covina, California to chase after Josh, the so-called love of her life. Her quest for love and happiness leads to some crazy actions, big consequences and some great musical numbers. 

Watch the theme song of the first season, which perfectly encapsulates what the show’s all about in less than 30 seconds, below.

The Magicians

Dive into the magical world of Fillory in “The Magicians.” Quentin Coldwater (Jason Ralph) has always believed in magic, especially in Fillory – a fairytale land from a fictional book series from his childhood. Now in his twenties, he comes upon a mysterious envelope that leads him to an entrance exam for Brakebills College, a school for magicians. There, Quentin learns how to use his newfound magical abilities, but he also learns that Fillory may be real – and it harbors a terrible evil known as the Beast. 

The series is straight-up an adult version of “Harry Potter.” Instead of Hogwarts, there’s Brakebills. Instead of drinking Polyjuice Potions, the characters are drinking alcohol. And most importantly, there’s sex – which is non-existent in the movies and children’s novels. 

via GIPHY

Don’t Trust the B---- in Apartment 23

The title of the series says it all: “Don’t Trust the B---- in Apartment 23.” The comedy follows June Colburn (Dreama Walker), a naïve small-town girl from Indiana, to New York as she pursues her dream job, which includes her own apartment. However, after the company shuts down, she is forced to find her own place to live. June soon finds herself living in Apartment 23 with party girl and con artist Chloe (Krysten Ritter) –  the bitch. They initially don’t get along, but eventually begin an odd, entertaining friendship. 

Daredevil

Do you dare to enter Hell’s Kitchen, where danger lurks on every corner? Fear not, Daredevil has your back. 

Based off on the Marvel Comics character of the same name, the superhero series follows Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox) as a New York City lawyer by day and the titular crime-fighting vigilante by night. However, there’s a twist: he’s blind. After losing his eyesight in an accident as a young boy, his other senses became heightened, giving him an edge over his enemies. As Matt fights to protect the innocent people of Hell’s Kitchen, he crosses path with a cold-blooded crime lord – and blood is definitely spilled. 

via GIPHY

“Daredevil” is the first of many series: “Jessica Jones,” “Luke Cage” and “Iron Fist” – that lead up to “The Defenders,” a crossover series coming out this August. 

@adamphan_