"So Wrong, It's Right" has been right for 10 years

I can safely say I would do most things, if not anything, for All Time Low.

I’ve seen them live multiple times, I’ve gone to CD signings, I started a band and named it after their song lyrics and this summer I hand-embroidered a jacket based off of the ones they’ve been wearing in recent promotional material.

However, the true test of my devotion will be this December when I drive to New Jersey with my best friend to see them.

The band announced Monday that they would be playing a special show at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, New Jersey, to celebrate the 10th anniversary of their album "So Wrong, It’s Right."

I have no idea where Sayreville is, but I know I have to get there on Dec. 19.

"So Wrong, It’s Right" is one of my favorite albums, not because it’s profound or complex, but because it’s fun (and great to sing along to in the car).

The opening tracks, “This Is How We Do” and “Let It Roll,” are perfect examples of this. Both are about being in a band, with “This Is How We Do” concentrating more on actually playing shows and “Let It Roll” focusing on having fun with your friends.

Neither subject is very deep, but the gang vocals in “This Is How We Do” give just enough yelling to feel hardcore without actually being hardcore.

The third song on the album, “Six Feet Under The Stars,” is my favorite, lyrically and musically.

It’s a super cute song about a first date and the lyrics describe that awkward feeling when you’re desperately trying to impress someone and you utterly fail (you know what I’m talking about).

After “Six Feet Under The Stars” there are more fun songs, including their most well-known song “Dear Maria, Count Me In.” 

“Dear Maria” is the quintessential All Time Low song. They perform the song as their last encore at every show and whenever I tell people about the band I recommend that they listen to it.

Another popular All Time Low song on "So Wrong, It’s Right" is “Remembering Sunday.”

The acoustic track, featuring Juliet Simms, is the most serious and somber song on the album.

It’s about a one-night stand turning into the one who got away, even though in middle school I read fanfiction that basically implied that the woman in the song died.

There’s an abrupt turn in the next song, “Vegas,” where the band sings about driving around on tour.

This upbeat energy continues throughout the rest of the album, closing with “Poppin’ Champagne,” which is basically an ode to being anxious about the future, which is a really relatable mood. 

Overall, "So Wrong, It’s Right" gives a musical picture of what it’s like to be a young adult who’s trying to figure out all aspects of life.

In other words, a musical picture of being in college.

@karynhbrown