Staff writer Marco Quiroz-Gutierrez went around campus and asked various students where they will be watching the first football game of the season and what they were doing to prepare for the game.

Jordan Padgett 

Sophomore pre-business major

“My parents are coming up here this weekend for the Chapel Hill game. I’m going to take them around, show them Franklin Street, all we have to offer, and then bring them over to the game, and hopefully get a dub.”  

Ben Campbell

Junior communications major

“There’s going to be a tailgate starting pretty early – it’s a 12 o’clock game – we’re going to have a tailgate at one of my friend’s houses. Just going to be hanging out, head to the game probably twenty minutes before. So get there, get some spots, enjoy the game, enjoy a nice, beautiful first game day for Carolina and then after actually heading out to Wilmington for the weekend for Labor Day.”  

Nicole Johnson

First-year pre-business major 

“I’m planning on getting there early, trying to be one of those first one-thousand to get the t-shirt, and stay dry mostly because it’s supposed to be raining this weekend. So I think early like ten-ish time and just wait out with my friends, tailgate, hang out.”  

Baylee Roy

First-year biology major

“I plan on getting there early so I can get one of those free t-shirts, but I’m really excited. I’ve gone to football games before like with my family in the past, but this is my first one actually being a student, so I’m pretty excited.”  

Jonathan Wixtrom

First-year physics major

“My plans are to get to the gate as early as possible so I can get the best seats, and I also saw a sign around campus that said they’re giving away free t-shirts, and those are always a plus. I’m planning to stay the whole game, I’m very excited.”