Apple unveiled the iPhone X on Tuesday with features including facial recognition and a larger screen (so no more home button). However, the big features come with a big price tag: $999 for 64GB of storage.

Arts & Entertainment Editor Karyn Hladik-Brown asked UNC students, "What do you think of the iPhone X?"

Senior Elena Mendoza

Business major

"I saw it just came out, and it's like $1,000 or something. That is ridiculous."

Senior Cailey Davis

Biology major

"I've never had an iPhone, so I guess never having an iPhone, I don't have any bias. It seems pretty safe, I guess."

Sophomore Alicia Peterson

Biostatistics major

"I looked at the release that they did, and it looks like they were trying to reinvent it, I guess, but the price is kind of insane, I think. But it's cool. I'm always interested in seeing what they put out."

Junior Destin Lerch 

Political science major

"I think the iPhone has a lot of potential, so it's just what you want out of your phone. I'd much rather have increased storage, because everyone in the world has that little notification that says, 'Storage almost full,' so putting things that are more useful would be awesome."

Sophomore Dawson Lane

Psychology and biology major

"I think I'm more comfortable using my finger than my face (to unlock my phone), because my face is all up on the internet. It's not a super-strong negative thing for me, it's just that I don't know why it's a strictly necessary thing. It feels unnecessary to me. They're just doing it to show what they're capable of."

@karynhbrown