Word on the Street: What will happen and what will the score be at the UNC versus Duke football game this Saturday?

IMG_9728.JPG

With football in full season, UNC students wait in anticipation for the game this Saturday against our historic enemy — Duke. Staff writer Marine Elia asked students: what is going to happen and what will the score be at the UNC versus Duke football game on Saturday. 

Eric Xu 

Sophomore computer science major 

“Hopefully UNC’s gonna win, but judging by the trend so far, I feel like Duke is gonna win because we’ve been losing the last two games.”

Arijit Datta 

Senior psychology major

“I think UNC will win Saturday by seven points. We hate Duke, and our players will be extra motivated to beat them.”

Gwendolyn Smith 

Senior strategic communications major 

“We’re playing Duke, right? Hopefully we win. I’m honestly not that into football, but I think the team has been doing well so far. Have they been doing well thus far? They have not been doing well thus far; they haven’t been doing well! But, I have faith that they will bring a win home. The score will be 7-21.”

Maddie Paulus 

First-year undecided 

“I think it’s going to be very spirited. I anticipate there will be french fries. Hopefully we play hard. I think the score is going to be very close until last quarter; I think someone is going to take over. I’m gonna say like 24-16.”

Sungdong Kim

First-year business major 

“I’m not really sure who’s playing UNC, so I’m not sure, but of course UNC’s gonna win because we’re better than them –100-0.”

Dom Antonietti 

First-year computer science major 

“I think UNC is going to win. We’ve put up a pretty impressive beginning schedule to the season. We played a good Cal team, and I think we played pretty well against them, and we played against one of the best football players in the country, Lamar Jackson, and we almost won that game. I don’t think Duke has anything even close to what Lamar Jackson is on their team, and they’ve had a pretty easy beginning to their schedule. They might try to act like Baylor is a big win, but with all the scandal that they’ve had in recent years, their team is on the heavy decline, and so I think UNC’s strong initial schedule has really prepared them well for this. I think we’re going to see a Tar Heel win around 28-14. GO HEELS, BABY!!!”

Jonathan Byrom 

Junior economics and history major

“I think obviously that we’re gonna win 'cause I hate Duke. I’m gonna say 31-17.”