All up in your business: Chapel Hill businesses are here for you (and your pet's) wellness

Massage Envy

For students looking for somewhere to relieve their stress from exams, the new Massage Envy in Eastgate Crossing has got them covered.

Massage Envy originally had its official opening in Chapel Hill on Sept. 27, but the establishment celebrated its re-opening in the Eastgate Crossing location on Oct. 20.

“We just needed to grow,” manager Karen Rubright said. “We’re looking for anyone who wants to take care of their bodies, whether it be massages, skin care, anything,” she said.

Rubright said she is excited about the beautiful new location and the already strong customer base. The larger location allows for a variety of new services, especially their skincare routine. 

Barre3 Studio

A new barre studio, Barre3, opened on South Elliot Road in Chapel Hill on Sept. 21.

Located near Whole Foods and Living Kitchen, the Barre3 studio has also been a major player in turning South Elliot Road into a health haven.

“Barre3 is for anyone and everyone, but at the end of the day, our core customer base is women typically anywhere from 25-55 years old,” studio owner Dana Harshaw said.

Harshaw said that business has been going well so far, and their clients range from UNC students and faculty, to people from Durham and mothers in the surrounding neighborhoods.

“The new location has given us a lot of visibility," Harshaw said. "We get walk-ins from people who noticed us just because they were shopping at Whole Foods."

Harshaw said she is positive that Barre3 will only continue to grow.

Love Overboard Kennels & Grooming

Love Overboard Kennels & Grooming is celebrating 30 locally-owned years in business.

Located on West Rosemary Street, the business has faithfully served Chapel Hill and Carrboro citizens and their four-legged companions for longer than some students have been alive.

Owners Julie Rorrer and Paige Passavant met while working together at the Boulevard Animal Hospital in Raleigh, and in 1987 they decided to open up their own boarding and grooming facility. For the past 23 years, Rorrer has run the business herself.

“Business has always been good," Rorrer said. "Even in recessions, people are going to take care of their animals. People put their pets before anything else. In the past 30 years, we’ve seen the pet industry boom.”

Since opening Love Overboard, Rorrer has seen expansions in both space and staff. She said she added an addition to the facility and there are now five groomers, including herself.

“Back in the day we didn’t have too much competition," she said. "It was a good industry to be in. That’s different now, but we still do a good business and a lot of grooming,” she said.

Rorrer said her team has a great work ethic and works well together.

"I’ll definitely be there as long as I can. It’s what I love,” she said.