DTH, please change your website

Let me preface this by saying that I graduated in 2013 and I love Carolina as much today as I did then. 

I now manage an international education company called the Atlantis Project in Washington, D.C. with over 30 employees. 

Five of us are UNC alums. Our marketing team was looking into the possibility of buying ad space in the DTH a few days ago as part of an effort to recruit UNC pre-med students for our programs. 

But I’ve got some bad news. We didn’t. And we won’t. Why? Because your website looks like it was designed by a three-year-old on a sugar high. It’s really bad. 

The ad bars are not user friendly, the font is terrible, the letter sizing is chaotic, the navigation bar UX is a mess, it’s not mobile friendly, and so on. 

Seriously. I could build a better website for you guys in 8 hours on a Saturday, and I’m not a web designer. 

Please invest a couple hours fixing your website so that UNC alums in business who want to invest back in the paper like myself are not embarrassed to do so. 

The DTH is a quality print publication. I want it to be quality online too. And it’s just not that hard. 

I believe in you.

Lawson Kuehnert

History and Economics

Class of 2013